Monday, August 18, 2008

Bridgett


Three weeks ago today I took possession of a scared, underfed little lemon beagle named Bridgett. She had been rescued from the man who owned her who tied to a tree with no dog house. She was un-spayed at the time and was allowed to breed with any dog that came along. When she had pups (just before she came to us) the man killed them and left her with milk. He was planning to kill her too when the neighbors talked him into letting them have her.

They brought her to the ARK of Cleveland, where I volunteer, swarming with fleas, full of milk and hungry. She was given a flea dip and bath, then taken to our vet to be vaccinated and spayed. When I picked her up at the vet, she was scared and confused, but as sweet as pie. I let her rest for several days, intro. her to my three dogs and she started to come to life.

She's been with us long enough for me to absolutely fall in love with her. It will be bittersweet to see her go to her forever home. They will be a lucky family to have Bridgett. Good girl!

No comments: